Some Christians believe Jesus is Word of God
(Date written : 09 May 2015)
1) There are some Christians who believe that there is One God and does not seem to believe the Trinity of Gods concept. They believe the other denominations have worshipped idolatry by doing so.
2) But, they strongly believe that Jesus is the Word of God and believe every creations including all the Messengers created from this Word.
Below are some of the quote :
"In the beginning was the word; and the word was with God and the word was God; Jesus is not God's creation; he was God's word; Jesus is the truth and the only truth in the universe".
3) All Muslim believe the Original Scripture or Book Of Revelations are true from Allah - Book of Palms or ZABUR, Torah and Gospel (INJIL) - as long it has not been tampered or changed; like The Quran that we have now.
4) The problem with the Christians or NASARA as mentioned in The Quran is whether they follow the Original Gospel or not. The Quran as one of the Book of Revelation has been said by Allah as approving the Previous Book of Revelation. Meaning, it should almost be the same, except on certain things that only Allah knows. And the coming of Prophet Muhammad PBUH is mentioned in the Previous Scriptures as well.
Al-An'aam : 20
الَّذِينَ ءَاتَيْنٰهُمُ الْكِتٰبَ يَعْرِفُونَهُۥ كَمَا يَعْرِفُونَ أَبْنَآءَهُمُ ۘ الَّذِينَ خَسِرُوٓا أَنفُسَهُمْ فَهُمْ لَا يُؤْمِنُونَ
● Those to whom We have given the Scripture recognize him [Muhammad] as
they recognize their [own] sons. Those who will lose themselves [in the Hereafter] do not believe. ●
5) For Muslim, the only way to know the Jesus is by reading and understanding The Quran; which by virtue of, they all come from Allah, there will be no Inconsitency - meaning if Al-Quran mentioned that Jesus is the word of God - then he will truely be mentioned in the other Scriptures.
Below are verses of The Quran that explain about Jesus :
a) The Most Important verse that everyone should understand is - Jesus (ISA) is created or born exactly like Adam, ie through HIS WORD :
An-Nisaa : 171
يٰٓأَهْلَ الْكِتٰبِ لَا تَغْلُوا فِى دِينِكُمْ وَلَا تَقُولُوا عَلَى اللَّهِ إِلَّا الْحَقَّ ۚ إِنَّمَا الْمَسِيحُ عِيسَى ابْنُ مَرْيَمَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ وَكَلِمَتُهُۥٓ أَلْقٰىهَآ إِلٰى مَرْيَمَ وَرُوحٌ مِّنْهُ ۖ فَـَٔامِنُوا بِاللَّهِ وَرُسُلِهِۦ ۖ وَلَا تَقُولُوا ثَلٰثَةٌ ۚ انتَهُوا خَيْرًا لَّكُمْ ۚ إِنَّمَا اللَّهُ إِلٰهٌ وٰحِدٌ ۖ سُبْحٰنَهُۥٓ أَن يَكُونَ لَهُۥ وَلَدٌ ۘ لَّهُۥ مَا فِى السَّمٰوٰتِ وَمَا فِى الْأَرْضِ ۗ وَكَفٰى بِاللَّهِ وَكِيلًا
● O People of the Scripture, do not commit excess in your religion or say about Allah except the truth. The Messiah, Jesus, the son of Mary, was but a MESSENGER OF ALLAH and HIS WORD; which He directed to Mary through a SPIRIT (RUHU) from Him. So believe in Allah and His messengers. And do not say, "Three"; desist - it is better for you. Indeed, Allah is but one God. Exalted is He above having a son. To Him belongs whatever is in the heavens and whatever is on the earth. And sufficient is Allah as Disposer of affairs. ●
Look at the wordings of HIS WORD that is directed to Mary, which is actually the word KUN (be) :
Aal-i-Imraan : 59
إِنَّ مَثَلَ عِيسٰى عِندَ اللَّهِ كَمَثَلِ ءَادَمَ ۖ خَلَقَهُۥ مِن تُرَابٍ ثُمَّ قَالَ لَهُۥ كُن فَيَكُونُ
● Indeed, the example of Jesus to Allah is LIKE THAT OF ADAM. He created Him from dust; then He said to him, "BE (KUN)," and he was. ●
HIS WORD is the word KUN (be).
Meaning Jesus is not unique in HIS creation. It has been done before. Only Allah is Unique.
Meaning Jesus (ISA) can never be word of God. Jesus (ISA) is a creation of The God, similar like Adam.
b) Jesus (ISA) was born from Maryam, a virgin, and ALLAH breathed in through HIS SPIRIT (GABRIEL) ; exactly like any other human being (nothing special) :
Maryam : 20
قَالَتْ أَنّٰى يَكُونُ لِى غُلٰمٌ وَلَمْ يَمْسَسْنِى بَشَرٌ وَلَمْ أَكُ بَغِيًّا
● She said, "How can I have a boy while NO MAN HAS TOUCHED ME and I have not been unchaste?" ●
Maryam : 21
قَالَ كَذٰلِكِ قَالَ رَبُّكِ هُوَ عَلَىَّ هَيِّنٌ ۖ وَلِنَجْعَلَهُۥٓ ءَايَةً لِّلنَّاسِ وَرَحْمَةً مِّنَّا ۚ وَكَانَ أَمْرًا مَّقْضِيًّا
● He said, "Thus [it will be]; your Lord says, 'It is easy for Me, and We will make him a sign to the people and a mercy from Us. And it is a matter [already] decreed.' " ●
Al-Anbiyaa : 91
وَالَّتِىٓ أَحْصَنَتْ فَرْجَهَا فَنَفَخْنَا فِيهَا مِن رُّوحِنَا وَجَعَلْنٰهَا وَابْنَهَآ ءَايَةً لِّلْعٰلَمِينَ
● And [mention] the one who guarded her chastity, so We breathed into her [Maryam] through OUR SPIRIT [Gabriel - RUHANA], and We made her and her son a sign for the worlds. ●
All human beings are created like this - nothing special about this :
As-Sajda : 9
ثُمَّ سَوّٰىهُ وَنَفَخَ فِيهِ مِن رُّوحِهِۦ ۖ وَجَعَلَ لَكُمُ السَّمْعَ وَالْأَبْصٰرَ وَالْأَفْـِٔدَةَ ۚ قَلِيلًا مَّا تَشْكُرُونَ
● Then He proportioned him and breathed into him through HIS SPIRIT [GABRIEL -RUHIHI] and made for you hearing and vision and hearts; little are you grateful.
c) Jesus (ISA) was Strengthen with the HOLY SPIRIT (GABRIEL /JIBRIL) , and he is not the only one ; there are lots of other people is ALSO STRENGTHEN by HOLY SPIRIT (RUHUL QUDDUS) :
Al-Baqara : 87
وَلَقَدْ ءَاتَيْنَا مُوسَى الْكِتٰبَ وَقَفَّيْنَا مِنۢ بَعْدِهِۦ بِالرُّسُلِ ۖ وَءَاتَيْنَا عِيسَى ابْنَ مَرْيَمَ الْبَيِّنٰتِ وَأَيَّدْنٰهُ بِرُوحِ الْقُدُسِ ۗ أَفَكُلَّمَا جَآءَكُمْ رَسُولٌۢ بِمَا لَا تَهْوٰىٓ أَنفُسُكُمُ اسْتَكْبَرْتُمْ فَفَرِيقًا كَذَّبْتُمْ وَفَرِيقًا تَقْتُلُونَ
● And We did certainly give Moses the Torah and followed up after him with messengers. And We gave JESUS (ISA), the son of Mary, clear proofs and supported him with the HOLY SPIRIT (RUHUL QUDUS). .. ●
Below is the verse that talk about other people that have been STRENGTHEN by HOLY SPIRIT :
Al-Mujaadila : 22
لَّا تَجِدُ قَوْمًا يُؤْمِنُونَ بِاللَّهِ وَالْيَوْمِ الْءَاخِرِ يُوَآدُّونَ مَنْ حَآدَّ اللَّهَ وَرَسُولَهُۥ وَلَوْ كَانُوٓا ءَابَآءَهُمْ أَوْ أَبْنَآءَهُمْ أَوْ إِخْوٰنَهُمْ أَوْ عَشِيرَتَهُمْ ۚ أُولٰٓئِكَ كَتَبَ فِى قُلُوبِهِمُ الْإِيمٰنَ وَأَيَّدَهُم بِرُوحٍ مِّنْهُ ۖ وَيُدْخِلُهُمْ جَنّٰتٍ تَجْرِى مِن تَحْتِهَا الْأَنْهٰرُ خٰلِدِينَ فِيهَا ۚ رَضِىَ اللَّهُ عَنْهُمْ وَرَضُوا عَنْهُ ۚ أُولٰٓئِكَ حِزْبُ اللَّهِ ۚ أَلَآ إِنَّ حِزْبَ اللَّهِ هُمُ الْمُفْلِحُونَ
● You will not find a people who believe in Allah and the Last Day having affection for those who oppose Allah and His Messenger, even if they were their fathers or their sons or their brothers or their kindred. Those - He has decreed within their hearts faith and STRENGTHEN with SPIRIT (RUHI) from Him. .. ●
d) Jesus is a Servant, a Prophet and a Messenger of Allah :
Maryam : 30
قَالَ إِنِّى عَبْدُ اللَّهِ ءَاتٰىنِىَ الْكِتٰبَ وَجَعَلَنِى نَبِيًّا
● [Jesus] said, "Indeed, I am the SERVANT of Allah. He has given me the Scripture and made me a PROPHET. ●
Verse An-Nisaa, 171 above mentioned about Jesus is a Messenger of Allah.
6) The conclusion is Jesus is not word of God, he is created by the word of God called KUN (be) similar like Adam, and he is just a servant, a prophet and a messenger of Allah.
Jesus is also not the only person who has been strengthen by the HOLY SPIRIT, there are many more people have been strengthen by the HOLY SPIRIT.