The power of Intention
(Date written : 27 May 2015)
1) What is Intention ?
Intention is a desire to do something in our mind; shortly.
Intention is also a determination to do something; in the long run , to achieve a target or objective.
So, the strength of our Intention will depend on the strength of our determination, called 'AZM in Arabic.
2) What is DU'A ?
DU'A is a humble request from Someone that we believe can fulfill our Needs and Wants.
In the Quran it is always mentioned as the verb such as YAD'U - an action of CALLING or INVOKING or ASKING from SomeOne to fulfill our needs and wants.
3) Is Intention the same as DU'A ?
No. Intention is a desire to do something with or without determination, while DU'A is longing or wanting or hoping to achieve something or to be given something beyond our limited power.
Intention with determination comes with BELIEVE that it can be done, while DU'A comes with HOPE that it can be achieved or done.
4) What about Imagination ? What is Imagination ?
Imagination is an image or sequence of images created in our mind of something or some events in the past, or in the future.
5) What is VISION ? How it relates with Imagination ?
Vision is a vivid Target Imagination of something that we want to achieve.
Person who has Vision is always clear Of what he wants to achieve and what he needs to do.
6) What is the difference between Wants and Needs ?
Wants are DESIRE to achieve something.
Needs are tools or methods or ways to achieve something.
7) What is Wishful thinking ?
Wishful thinking is a formation of imagination in our mind that is pleasing to our desire that is full of emotion but most of the time it is believed to be unachievable to realize.
It is called Fantasy.
8) Now this is the most important question to be answered. Allah says that HE RESPONDS to all the prays or DU'A that we ask from HIM - as long as we are HIS Servant :
Al-Baqara : 186
وَإِذَا سَأَلَكَ عِبَادِى عَنِّى فَإِنِّى قَرِيبٌ ۖ أُجِيبُ دَعْوَةَ الدَّاعِ إِذَا دَعَانِ ۖ فَلْيَسْتَجِيبُوا لِى وَلْيُؤْمِنُوا بِى لَعَلَّهُمْ يَرْشُدُونَ
● And when My servants ask you, concerning Me - indeed I am NEAR. I RESPOND (UJIBU) to the SUPPLICANT (AD-DA'I) when he CALLS (DA'AN) upon Me. So let them RESPOND (TAHIBU) to Me [by obedience] and BELIEVE in Me that they may be GUIDED. ●
The verse above has very PROFOUND meaning if we TADABBUR or find the meaning behind the verses of Allah. Here is the deduction :
a) We must be HIS SERVANT before our DU'A to be responded. Meaning, we only CALL or INVOKE Allah, we worship only HIM. We ask ONLY from HIM and not from someone or something else.
b) UJIBU (I RESPOND) is from the root word JIM WAW BA and one of Allah's name is Allah Al-Mujib (The Answerer or Responder). HE always RESPOND when invoked.
c) It does not mean HE GRANTs or GIVES what we asked for. It just means HE RESPONDED Or ANSWERED the Call.
d) In order to achieve What we asked for, Allah says to HIS SERVANT who asks, you must first RESPOND to me when I ASK you or ORDER you to do something, and you must BELIEVE in ME.
e) If we always fulfill what Allah asks us to do and we are a BELIEVER to Allah, then only ALLAH will GUIDE us to ACHIEVE what we want or to the needs to achieve what we want.
f) Allah GUIDES us to achieve what we want or asked for, means there are efforts to be done by following the GUIDANCE given. Meaning Allah will lead us to the ways and methods (needs) that we can do to achieve what we want.
9) The power of Intention only comes with DETERMINATION to achieve what we want to achieve. We need to put efforts and follow some methods, we need action plans and execute the plan and by asking or invoking (YAD'U) Allah, is ACTUALLY we ask him to show or GUIDE us which action plans are needed in order to achieve our target or what we want.