Khusyuk or Concentrate in Solat
(Date written : 16 May 2015)
1) We are ORDERED not to perform SOLAT when our mind is full of something else :
An-Nisaa : 43
يٰٓأَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ ءَامَنُوا لَا تَقْرَبُوا الصَّلٰوةَ وَأَنتُمْ سُكٰرٰى حَتّٰى تَعْلَمُوا مَا تَقُولُونَ وَلَا جُنُبًا إِلَّا عَابِرِى سَبِيلٍ حَتّٰى تَغْتَسِلُوا ۚ وَإِن كُنتُم مَّرْضٰىٓ أَوْ عَلٰى سَفَرٍ أَوْ جَآءَ أَحَدٌ مِّنكُم مِّنَ الْغَآئِطِ أَوْ لٰمَسْتُمُ النِّسَآءَ فَلَمْ تَجِدُوا مَآءً فَتَيَمَّمُوا صَعِيدًا طَيِّبًا فَامْسَحُوا بِوُجُوهِكُمْ وَأَيْدِيكُمْ ۗ إِنَّ اللَّهَ كَانَ عَفُوًّا غَفُورًا
● O you who have believed, DO NOT APPROACH PRAYER while you are 'INTOXICATED' (SUKAARAA) UNTIL YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE SAYING .. ●
2) The word SUUKAARAA is important to be understood properly. It does not necessarily mean INTOXICATED only. The so called Scholars always interpreted this verse to not perform Solat while someone is INTOXICATED due to drinking KHAMAR (Beer, Wine, etc). They further TAKWIL that later this verse is abrogated.
3) The root word is SIN KAF RAA can mean INTOXICATED and Also DAZZLED :
Al-Hijr : 15
لَقَالُوٓا إِنَّمَا سُكِّرَتْ أَبْصٰرُنَا بَلْ نَحْنُ قَوْمٌ مَّسْحُورُونَ
● They would say, "Our EYES have only been DAZZLED. Rather, we are a people affected by magic." ●
4) By analyzing the occurence of the root word SUKAARAA in the Quran, the meaning is deduced to 'while our MIND is full of something else, in the state of not focused, our mind in the state of WANDERING around'.
5) We ought to FOCUS to Allah, and we must KNOW - WHERE is ALLAH in order to be focused :
6) Lastly, and very IMPORTANTLY - Allah says we must KNOW what we said. What do we say in SOLAT ? We recite Al-Quran verses. To know is To Understand.
'UNTIL YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE SAYING' means each word of the verses of the Quran that we recite, we must KNOW the MEANING. Then only we are EFFECTIVE in our Solat by FOLLOW-THROUGH SLOWLY the MEANING of each and every words of verse of Al-Quran in our Solat.
Ash-Sharh : 8
وَإِلٰى رَبِّكَ فَارْغَب
● And to your Lord turn your Attention. ●