(Date written : 13 May 2015)
Al-Quran is interpreted by itself. Let me gives an example.
Al-Faatiha : 6
اهْدِنَا الصِّرٰطَ الْمُسْتَقِيمَ
● Guide us to the STRAIGHT PATH - ●
When reading the Quran, when you find something that is NOT CLEAR (to you), This is what THE ONLY THING that you have to do.
Find the Occurence of the Word used by Allah, in other verses. It is that SIMPLE and that's why Allah says that it is Easy to be Remembered because it is EASY to understand.
You can find the answer to S°IRATUL MUSTAQIM by these verses :
Aal-i-Imraan : 51
إِنَّ اللَّهَ رَبِّى وَرَبُّكُمْ فَاعْبُدُوهُ ۗ هٰذَا صِرٰطٌ مُّسْتَقِيمٌ
● Indeed, Allah is my Lord and your Lord, so worship Him. THAT IS (HAZA) the STRAIGHT PATH (S°IRATUM MUSTAQIM)." ●
Worship (A'BUDU) only HIM is the STRAIGHT PATH.
(Not anyone or anything else)
Maryam : 36
وَإِنَّ اللَّهَ رَبِّى وَرَبُّكُمْ فَاعْبُدُوهُ ۚ هٰذَا صِرٰطٌ مُّسْتَقِيمٌ
● [Jesus said], "And indeed, Allah is my Lord and your Lord, so worship Him. That is a straight path." ●
Yaseen : 61
وَأَنِ اعْبُدُونِى ۚ هٰذَا صِرٰطٌ مُّسْتَقِيمٌ
● And that you worship [only] Me? That is a STRAIGHT PATH. ●
Another example :
Al-Faatiha : 7
صِرٰطَ الَّذِينَ أَنْعَمْتَ عَلَيْهِمْ غَيْرِ الْمَغْضُوبِ عَلَيْهِمْ وَلَا الضَّآلِّينَ
● The path of those upon whom You have BESTOWED FAVOR (NI'MAH) not of those who have evoked [Your] anger or of those who are astray. ●
You might ask - who are the people who Allah has bestowed NI'MAH ?
The answer is in these verses (or many other verses) :
An-Nisaa : 69
وَمَن يُطِعِ اللَّهَ وَالرَّسُولَ فَأُولٰٓئِكَ مَعَ الَّذِينَ أَنْعَمَ اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِم مِّنَ النَّبِيِّۦنَ وَالصِّدِّيقِينَ وَالشُّهَدَآءِ وَالصّٰلِحِينَ ۚ وَحَسُنَ أُولٰٓئِكَ رَفِيقًا
● And whoever obeys Allah and the Messenger - those will be with the ones upon whom Allah has BESTOWED FAVOR (AN'AMALLAHU 'ALAIHIM) of the prophets, the steadfast affirmers of truth, the martyrs and the righteous. And excellent are those as companions. ●
Maryam : 58
أُولٰٓئِكَ الَّذِينَ أَنْعَمَ اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِم مِّنَ النَّبِيِّۦنَ مِن ذُرِّيَّةِ ءَادَمَ وَمِمَّنْ حَمَلْنَا مَعَ نُوحٍ وَمِن ذُرِّيَّةِ إِبْرٰهِيمَ وَإِسْرٰٓءِيلَ وَمِمَّنْ هَدَيْنَا وَاجْتَبَيْنَآ ۚ إِذَا تُتْلٰى عَلَيْهِمْ ءَايٰتُ الرَّحْمٰنِ خَرُّوا سُجَّدًا وَبُكِيًّا ۩
● Those were the ones upon whom Allah BESTOWED FAVOR (AN'AMALLAHU 'ALAIHIM) from among the prophets of the descendants of Adam and of those We carried [in the ship] with Noah, and of the descendants of Abraham and Israel, and of those whom We guided and chose. When the verses of the Most Merciful were recited to them, they fell in prostration and weeping. ●
That's How we make DEDUCTION; without EVER INDUCED our OWN opinion (TAKWIL) on the meaning.
We do NOT, go and try to figure out from other than AL-QURAN itself.
If we cannot find the RELATED verses to explain; that is BECAUSE we have not been HAFIZ yet, or Allah has not shown us - that is the time, you have to ask MEN OF UNDERSTANDING (Ulil Albab) or Ulama that Fears Only Allah and does not take a dime for explaining the verses of Allah.
May Allah BESTOWED HIS NI'MAH to us
And this is the ACTUAL meaning of MUTASYABIHAAT.
RELATED and RESEMBLES.
IT Resembles each other, from WHERE (by reading all other related/resemble verses) the True MEANING is REVEALED to us.
Clearly, the Quran is Book of Guidance.