The Real Reason WHY we are punished by Allah
(Date written : 02 Jun 2015)
1) In life, we must be very EXACT to understand why something happened the way it does.
2) There is always something happen because of something else had happened and that something else that had happened is because of something else previously had happened. It is the cycle of CAUSE and EFFECT.
3) Sometimes, people make conclusion that is not CONCLUSIVE, meaning as to WHY something happen and BLAME on something that is not the CAUSE. The Causes of the cycle of cause and effect always comes from something called the ROOT CAUSE.
4) For example - are we PUNISHED because we dont perform SALAH or PRAYER ?
Are we punished because we dont perform HAJJ ?
Are we punished because we are IGNORANT / JAHIL / NO KNOWLEDGE ?
5) To answer whether we are punished or not if we are not performing the SALAH or Prayer - is :
a) DEPENDING on the Reason why we dont perform SALAH itself.
b) The action after a person did not perform the SALAH.
We can not deduce or make conclusion that a person who dont perform SALAH will get punishment. It IS NOT.
It depends on the REASON why the person does not perform SALAH and the action following after he did not perform the SALAH.
For example, the person who did not perform SALAH due to he lost his mind for a while; will not be punished. If he forgets, he will not be punished. If he is not aware or overslept, he will not be punished.
BUT, the action after not performing SALAH is counted whether a person should be punished or not. DID the person feels guilty ? DID the person feel new determination to not to skipped SALAH ? DID the person ask for FORGIVENESS for not praying ?
If the person does not feel guilty and does not have determination not to repeat his mistakes and does not ASK for FORGIVENESS, then the person will be punished.
If a person does not perform SALAH due to his disbelieving Allah, surely he will be punished.
If a person does not perform SALAH because he thinks that it is not Obligatory and no one tells him, then he will not be punished, so long as he repented after knowing. Staying IGNORANT and LIVE with ASSUMPTION without seeking for REASONS and KNOWLEDGE is an act or attitude that will be PUNISHED.
If a person does not perform SALAH due to he simply DISOBEY ALLAH - he Believes in ALLAH, but just being DISOBEDIENT, he will surely be punished.
6) The same goes to any other obligatory actions that Allah asks us to do, like FASTING, pay ZAKAH, perform Hajj, and all other Obligatory actions that we are instructed to do by Allah through His Messenger through His Book.
7) But, the very ROOT CAUSE of All That OF WHY a Person gets PUNISHED is based on what Allah says in the Quran :
Al-Baqara : 39
وَالَّذِينَ كَفَرُوا وَكَذَّبُوا بِـَٔايٰتِنَآ أُولٰٓئِكَ أَصْحٰبُ النَّارِ ۖ هُمْ فِيهَا خٰلِدُونَ
● And those who DISBELIEVE / DISOBEDIENT (KAFARU) and DENY (KAZZAB) Our VERSES (AYAAT)- those will be companions of the Fire; they will abide therein eternally. ●
Aal-i-Imraan : 11
كَدَأْبِ ءَالِ فِرْعَوْنَ وَالَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِهِمْ ۚ كَذَّبُوا بِـَٔايٰتِنَا فَأَخَذَهُمُ اللَّهُ بِذُنُوبِهِمْ ۗ وَاللَّهُ شَدِيدُ الْعِقَابِ
● [Theirs is] like the custom of the people of Pharaoh and those before them. They DENIED (KAZZABU) Our VERSES (AYAAT), so Allah seized them for their sins. And Allah is severe in penalty. ●
Al-Maaida : 10
وَالَّذِينَ كَفَرُوا وَكَذَّبُوا بِـَٔايٰتِنَآ أُولٰٓئِكَ أَصْحٰبُ الْجَحِيمِ
● But those who DISBELIEVE / DISOBEDIENT (KAFARU) and DENY (KAZZABU) Our VERSES (AYAAT) - those are the companions of Hellfire. ●
Al-Maaida : 86
وَالَّذِينَ كَفَرُوا وَكَذَّبُوا بِـَٔايٰتِنَآ أُولٰٓئِكَ أَصْحٰبُ الْجَحِيمِ
● But those who DISBELIEVE / DISOBEDIENT (KAFARU) and DENY (KAZZABU) Our VERSES (AYAAT) - they are the companions of Hellfire. ●
Al-An'aam : 5
فَقَدْ كَذَّبُوا بِالْحَقِّ لَمَّا جَآءَهُمْ ۖ فَسَوْفَ يَأْتِيهِمْ أَنۢبٰٓؤُا مَا كَانُوا بِهِۦ يَسْتَهْزِءُونَ
● For they had DENIED (KAZZABU) the TRUTH (HAQ) when it came to them, but there is going to reach them the news of what they used to ridicule. ●
Al-An'aam : 21
وَمَنْ أَظْلَمُ مِمَّنِ افْتَرٰى عَلَى اللَّهِ كَذِبًا أَوْ كَذَّبَ بِـَٔايٰتِهِۦٓ ۗ إِنَّهُۥ لَا يُفْلِحُ الظّٰلِمُونَ
● And who is more unjust than one who invents about Allah a lie or DENIES (KAZZABA) His VERSES (AYAAT)? Indeed, the wrongdoers will not succeed. ●
Al-An'aam : 27
وَلَوْ تَرٰىٓ إِذْ وُقِفُوا عَلَى النَّارِ فَقَالُوا يٰلَيْتَنَا نُرَدُّ وَلَا نُكَذِّبَ بِـَٔايٰتِ رَبِّنَا وَنَكُونَ مِنَ الْمُؤْمِنِينَ
● if you could but see when they are made to stand before the Fire and will say, "Oh, would that we could be returned [to life on earth] and not DENY (KAZZIBA) the VERSES (AYAAT) of our Lord and be among the believers." ●
Al-An'aam : 39
وَالَّذِينَ كَذَّبُوا بِـَٔايٰتِنَا صُمٌّ وَبُكْمٌ فِى الظُّلُمٰتِ ۗ مَن يَشَإِ اللَّهُ يُضْلِلْهُ وَمَن يَشَأْ يَجْعَلْهُ عَلٰى صِرٰطٍ مُّسْتَقِيمٍ
● But those who DENY (KAZZABU) Our VERSES (AYAAT) are deaf and dumb within darknesses. Whomever Allah wills - He leaves astray; and whomever He wills - He puts him on a straight path. ●
Al-An'aam : 49
وَالَّذِينَ كَذَّبُوا بِـَٔايٰتِنَا يَمَسُّهُمُ الْعَذَابُ بِمَا كَانُوا يَفْسُقُونَ
● But those who DENY (KAZZABU) Our VERSES (AYAAT) - the punishment will touch them for their defiant disobedience. ●
Al-A'raaf : 36
وَالَّذِينَ كَذَّبُوا بِـَٔايٰتِنَا وَاسْتَكْبَرُوا عَنْهَآ أُولٰٓئِكَ أَصْحٰبُ النَّارِ ۖ هُمْ فِيهَا خٰلِدُونَ
● But the ones who DENY (KAZZABU) Our VERSES (AYAAT) and are ARROGANT (ASTAKBAR) toward them - those are the companions of the Fire; they will abide therein eternally. ●
Al-A'raaf : 40
إِنَّ الَّذِينَ كَذَّبُوا بِـَٔايٰتِنَا وَاسْتَكْبَرُوا عَنْهَا لَا تُفَتَّحُ لَهُمْ أَبْوٰبُ السَّمَآءِ وَلَا يَدْخُلُونَ الْجَنَّةَ حَتّٰى يَلِجَ الْجَمَلُ فِى سَمِّ الْخِيَاطِ ۚ وَكَذٰلِكَ نَجْزِى الْمُجْرِمِينَ
● Indeed, those who DENY (KAZZABU) Our VERSES (AYAAT) and are ARROGANT (ASTAKBAR) toward them - the gates of Heaven will not be opened for them, nor will they enter Paradise until a camel enters into the eye of a needle. And thus do We recompense the criminals. ●
Al-A'raaf : 136
فَانتَقَمْنَا مِنْهُمْ فَأَغْرَقْنٰهُمْ فِى الْيَمِّ بِأَنَّهُمْ كَذَّبُوا بِـَٔايٰتِنَا وَكَانُوا عَنْهَا غٰفِلِينَ
● So We took retribution from them, and We drowned them in the sea because they DENIED (KAZZABU) Our VERSES (AYAAT) and were heedless of them. ●
Al-A'raaf : 146
سَأَصْرِفُ عَنْ ءَايٰتِىَ الَّذِينَ يَتَكَبَّرُونَ فِى الْأَرْضِ بِغَيْرِ الْحَقِّ وَإِن يَرَوْا كُلَّ ءَايَةٍ لَّا يُؤْمِنُوا بِهَا وَإِن يَرَوْا سَبِيلَ الرُّشْدِ لَا يَتَّخِذُوهُ سَبِيلًا وَإِن يَرَوْا سَبِيلَ الْغَىِّ يَتَّخِذُوهُ سَبِيلًا ۚ ذٰلِكَ بِأَنَّهُمْ كَذَّبُوا بِـَٔايٰتِنَا وَكَانُوا عَنْهَا غٰفِلِينَ
● I will turn away from My signs those who are ARROGANT (TAKABBARU) upon the earth without right; and if they should see every sign, they will not believe in it. And if they see the way of righteousness, they will not take it as a way; but if they see the way of error, they will take it as a way. That is because they have DENIED (KAZZABU) Our VERSES (AYAAT) and they were heedless of them. ●
Al-A'raaf : 182
وَالَّذِينَ كَذَّبُوا بِـَٔايٰتِنَا سَنَسْتَدْرِجُهُم مِّنْ حَيْثُ لَا يَعْلَمُونَ
● But those who DENY (KAZZABU) Our VERSES (AYAAT) - We will progressively lead them [to destruction] from where they do not know. ●
The deduction of the above verses is, the one who will be punished are :
a) The one who DENY (KAZZABU) THE VERSES of Allah - this is the MAIN REASON why one will be PUNISHED.
b) The one who DISBELIEVE in Allah or DISOBEDIENT (KAFIR) to Allah.
The ARROGANT (TAKABBUR) is the CAUSE for this DISBELIEVE, DISOBEDIENT (KAFIR) and DENIAL (KAZZABU)
8) Moreover, THESE VERSES below, among all the VERSES in the Quran, that SUMS it all , the very REASON or THE ROOT CAUSE of why a person is punished :
Taa-Haa : 48
إِنَّا قَدْ أُوحِىَ إِلَيْنَآ أَنَّ الْعَذَابَ عَلٰى مَن كَذَّبَ وَتَوَلّٰى
● Indeed, it has been INSPIRED (AUHAIY) to us that the PUNISHMENT ('AZAB) will be upon whoever DENIES (KAZZABA) and TURNS AWAY (TAWALLA). ●
9) On Top of All that, here is the VERSE that EXPLAIN why a person will and should BE PUNISHED - this is the ROOT of ALL EVIL - the ROOT of ALL ROOT CAUSES :
Al-A'raaf : 12
قَالَ مَا مَنَعَكَ أَلَّا تَسْجُدَ إِذْ أَمَرْتُكَ ۖ قَالَ أَنَا۠ خَيْرٌ مِّنْهُ خَلَقْتَنِى مِن نَّارٍ وَخَلَقْتَهُۥ مِن طِينٍ
● [Allah] said, "What prevented you from prostrating when I commanded you?" [IBLIS] said, "I am BETTER than HIM. You created me from fire and created him from clay." ●
The deduction from this verse is very PROFOUND :
1) The Reason why a person do not OBEY or being DISOBEDIENT to ALLAH, is because of HE FEELS that HE IS BETTER than ANYONE else.
2) The second Reason is the person makes ASSUMPTION - that he is better because he is made from FIRE while the other is made from CLAY. That's why ASSUMPTIONS always lead to ASTRAY.
There is no Evidence or Criteria to even conclude that Fire is better than Clay. Or Clay is better is than Fire. Everything that Allah created has its own purpose and all are good and perfect for the purpose that the thing is being created for.
Do not ever think that you are better than any other person, and do not make ASSUMPTION.
Read and Understand The Quran yourself - without inducing any opinion - it is the ONLY Book of Guidance. Dont understand ask Ulama who fears Allah and be Ulama ourself so that we too fear Allah.
The WORST thing is - a lof of people DENY the verses and TURN away from the CLEAR verses of Allah
Turning away is they dont even want to READ and dont even want to UNDERSTAND the verses of Allah when it comes to them.
These are the people that will be PUNISHED. The verse of Allah is CLEAR.(BAYYINAT) without the need for induced interpretation by the so-called Scholars or other than Allah HIMSELF.
Al-Alaq : 5
عَلَّمَ الْإِنسٰنَ مَا لَمْ يَعْلَمْ
● [HE] Taught man that which he knew not. ●
Always VERIFY any information or assumptions that you hear, with the Only Authenticated Source that has No Contradiction. The only TRUE BOOK OF GUIDANCE.